January is also referred to as the trial month of the new year, with people signing up to the gym with the best intentions and in the end pay for a yearly membership and barely use it. We have decided to make February a trial month as well and so we will start fresh with Motivated March – pun intended.
This is the perfect chance to start from ground zero, create new habits and start reaching new goals for all those who have failed to start making the changes that they said they would make next week, next month, or perhaps when winter starts. Here are some ideas:
- Start eating healthier, less packaged stuff: Switching to a healthier diet can be a bit hard when our surroundings include enticing junk food. However, with a good amount of determination and some basic tips you can slowly develop healthier eating habits, which will make you feel better and perform better in every aspect of your life.
- Become more active: Find some time during your day where you can get in 20-30 minutes of exercise, go for a walk, get on your bike, break a sweat at the gym, maybe some yoga? ANYTHING that makes you feel better works! In order to stick to a routine, you must like what you’re doing, so figuring out which activities you enjoy the most are the big key to actually sticking to it.
- Get more quality sleep: Having a bad sleep may have a huge impact on your days. Your body’s reaction to insufficient recovery may lead to bad moods and feeling sluggish… So set up a nightly routine, get a nice warm shower, drink some tea, turn off any electronic device and voilà! Try to rest.
- Try out a new class: Give yourself a chance to try any of the classes in our schedule, either a Zumba, Barre or even a Bootcamp Class! Trying something new may seem intimidating, but it’s trying new things what will make you find stuff that you like. So, give it a shot!
- Do more wellness classes: Disconnect and re-connect in our early wellness sessions, take care of yourself by getting a break and clear your mind. Find mindfulness and overall well-being in any class such as Yoga, Stretching or even Pilates.