Our dish of the month is Kurobuta Pork Chops a specialty of Chef Israel “Izzy” Reyes at Diamante Cabo San Lucas.
- 4 double cut kurobuta pork chops
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 6oz extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2lb fresh figs
- 1lb brown sugar
- 4oz chopped ginger
- 4oz chopped garlic
- 4oz Ají Amarillo paste
- 6 russet potatoes
- ½ lb butter
- 2 cup whipping milk
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In an ovenproof pan, put 1oz of olive oil and on high heat, sear the pork for about two minutes on each side, until nice and brown.
- Add a spoon full of butter and put into the oven for 9 minutes for a medium cook.
Organic Fig Chutney
- In a large saucepan, heat 5oz olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and cook about 4 minutes.
- Add the figs and stir well, cook it for another 4 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and Ají Amarillo paste, let it cook at a steady simmer for 60 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt.
Whipped Mash Potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- In a saucepan put whipping cream and ½ lb of butter, reduce to a half and reserve.
- Cook potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water over medium heat for 20 minutes or until it is tender.
- Pass through a china cap strainer, helping yourself with a big spoon.
- Add whipped cream reduction and salt to your liking.
- Grill with olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serves 4 People