1 Whole Red Snapper (cleaned and scaled)—Approx. 2 pounds
4 cloves Garlic (small diced)
2 tsps Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2 cups Flour
Vegetable oil—enough to cover the fish
- Score the fish 3 or 4 times diagonally on both sides, to hold seasonings and to help it to cook more evenly.
- Fill a large heavy saute pan with 1 ½ inch of oil and heat for 5 minutes until hot, but not smoking (360°)
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic and rub the fish with the mixture.
- Dust both sides of the whole fish in the flour.
- Carefully add the fish to the pan. Cook without moving it, about 4 minutes per side, until crisp and brown. Remove fish and place on a paper towel.
- Serve the fish on a platter, accompanied with your favorite salad and tartar sauce.